Friday, August 31, 2012

My Pro Football Focus Debut

PFF's work ensures that players like Michael Bennett get the recognition they deserve.
I'm incredibly excited to announce that, through a combination of hard work, networking, and good fortune, I have joined Pro Football Focus as an Analyst for the upcoming NFL season. 

Over the past couple of years, PFF has become my most trusted resource for evaluating the performance and impact of every NFL player. In an industry where many analysts throw their hands up and lament that "we still don't have a stat for offensive linemen," PFF looks at every player on every play in every game to quantify who is deserving of our praise, and who is more hype than substance. 

I've referenced PFF many times in previous posts because, frankly, it's the best football analytics site out there. NFL teams, like my beloved Super Bowl Champion Giants, trust its data. Our founder, Neil Hornsby, even joined Peter King for his annual training camp tour this summer. Having the chance to join such an influential and highly-regarded team is a dream come true.

In addition to breaking down game tape for PFF every week (something that you've seen me do here before), I'll also be writing weekly articles for the site, all of which I will link to here. I'll still post exclusive articles here on Eternal Football, including my picks every week. I also may have a new feature related to another big development in my life, but I'll explain that in a future post.

Basically, this is still your destination to find all of my content, so keep on checking in. I'm not going anywhere.

For my first PFF article, I previewed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a "32 Teams in 32 Days" series. The Bucs made bigger moves this offseason than any other NFL team, and I think they can surprise a lot of folks this year. You can see my full analysis here:


As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy all of my upcoming work as I enter this very exciting time in my career.

No matter what site I am writing for, you can always find me on Twitter, at @BostonGiant.

Image found here.

1 comment: