Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Week 5 Thursday Night Football Pick: Cardinals at Rams

America, meet Chris Long.
When the NFL schedule was revealed in April, I listed the five games on the Thursday Night Football schedule that you could afford to skip. Guess which game I picked as the worst of the bunch?

"1. Cardinals at Rams (Week 5, Thursday Night) - Kurt Warner's old team takes on Kurt Warner's older team? That's the best I can do. I give up."

Well, clearly things haven't turned out as expected. With a win tonight, we'll either see the Cardinals start the season 5-0, or the Rams with a winning record for the first time since 2006. I'm going with the Rams because I cannot trust the Cardinals offensive line. According to our premium stats at Pro Football Focus (I highly recommend a subscription), tackles Bobby Massie and D'Anthony Batiste have surrendered 12 sacks, three hits, and 29 hurries of their QB this season. That's a problem against Chris Long and the underrated Rams defense.

The Pick: Rams (+1)

Follow me at @PFF_Pete.
Odds found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment