Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My 2012 Super Bowl Prediction

Falcons in the Super Bowl? Nothing is impossible in today's NFL.
With the 2012 season nearly upon us, I'm going on the record with my picks for the playoffs and Super Bowl XLVII. I'll expand on my outlook for each team in my Week 1 picks on Friday, but here are my predictions.

AFC Division Winners: Patriots, Steelers, Titans, Broncos
AFC Wild Cards: Bills, Texans

NFC Division Winners: Giants, Packers, Saints, Seahawks
NFC Wild Cards: Eagles, Falcons

AFC Championship: Patriots over Broncos
NFC Championship: Falcons over Packers

Super Bowl Champion: Patriots over Falcons

Wait, the Ravens won't make the playoffs? The Seahawks will win the NFC West over the 49ers? Am I crazy?

When looking at all the predictions this time of year, keep in mind that the upcoming NFL season will surprise us. For the past 16 years, the playoffs have averaged a 50% turnover rate. That held true last season, where usual powerhouses like the Colts and Eagles stayed home while traditional doormats like the Lions and Bengals played into January. Five of last year's playoff teams had double-digit losses in 2010, including Houston and San Francisco. And for each of the past five Super Bowls, one of the two participants hadn't made it past the Wild Card Round the previous year. Four of those five surprise teams won the championship. In today's NFL, no prediction is too crazy.

Follow me at @BostonGiant.

Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment