Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pro Football Focus: Buccaneers-Giants Week 2 Review


Each week at Pro Football Focus, I spend 10 hours breaking down the tape for one NFL game and then write a review of its best and worst performers. For Week 2, I looked a Buccaneers-Giants matchup that turned out to be the best game of this young season. Click below to read about how Eli Manning and his receivers had their big day, how Tampa Bay tried to stop them, and who I gave my PFF Game Ball to.


Follow me at @PFF_Pete.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to have to admit to this as an Eagles fan, but when can we admit that Eli Manning is an elite QB in this league? He's already won 2 superbowls and is never out of a game. I dare say he has a chance to supplant his brother as the better QB when all is said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting to juxtapose Eli and Cam on Thursday. They couldn't be more different. Eli dissects the defense, lifts his young receivers, and mumbles through boring quotes after the game. Cam tries to make a big play, finally gets a TD, and does a Superman dance when he's down by 2 touchdowns. Eli's image makes fans, and even his peers, think that he's not a great QB. But he absolutely is. He definitely doesn't talk the talk, but he walks the walk.

    ReplyDelete