Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pro Football Focus: Next Man Up, Week 9


In my new feature for Pro Football Focus, titled Next Man Up (shout-out to my friend/marketing expert Corey for the name), I hand out awards for the best and worst injury subs from the previous week's games. This week's winners and losers come from the Steelers, Eagles, Ravens, and Giants. And as much as I didn't want to, I had to single out a fellow Boston College grad for an awful game. You can read the full article here:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/08/next-man-up-week-9/


And as for my Thursday Night Football pick, I can't tell you how close I was to picking the Colts as one of my surprise AFC playoff teams. Instead, I chose the Titans and Bills. Wish I could have that one back. I don't think that Andrew Luck will get his fifth 300+ yard game of the season to break Peyton Manning's rookie record, but I do think that he'll do enough to beat a disheartened Jaguars team.

The Pick: Colts (-3)

Follow me at @PFF_Pete.

Odds found here.

2 comments:

  1. As always, a great read. With Vick's job supposedly in jeopardy (at least in the media), Demetress Bell watching his blindside sure isn't going to do him any favors. A few more games like Monday and Foles will be filling in for a concussed Vick.

    Not that you're looking to add anything to your articles, but a value add could be ending the feature with a list of some key subs to watch in the upcoming games...

    Oh, and thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you predicted, Corey, Foles soon subbed for Vick. Although as you'll read here, he didn't do much better (I also took your advice and added a "Next Men Up" section for key subs to keep an eye on):

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/22/next-man-up-week-11/

    ReplyDelete