Friday, February 11, 2011

The Games Are Done, But The Fun's Just Getting Started

Now that the Super Bowl is over, the offseason is here and there's plenty to talk about.  So stick with me as we follow how all 31 teams (not including the Panthers) prepare for the road to Super Bowl XLVI.  Here are some of the topics I'll address in the coming weeks:

- Free agency - Who are the top players available and where will they go?
- The Draft - From the combine to pro-day workouts to primetime on Thursday, April 28th, we'll track the future stars of the league.
- Lockout - Unfortunate as it is, this topic is unavoidable.  We'll take a look at the players, the issues, the tactics, and what everyone has to lose.
- Looking back on the 2010 season - How did the Packers end up on top?  How could it have gone differently?

One of the lesser sports also occasionally shows us something that matches the excitement of football, so I might weigh in on that as well.  But until Carmelo signs with the Knicks, my focus will be squarely on America's Game.

Please post comments below on any specific topics you want me to address.  I am very open to requests.  And while you're missing football like the rest of us, just remember that the offseason can be more entertaining than the games themselves:



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seat-gate

The hot topic in football right now is the seating fiasco in Dallas, the kind of disaster that only happens when you combine an ambitious Super Bowl committee with the Texas-sized ego of Jerry Jones.  I'd give you my thoughts on the debacle if Dan Wetzel of Yahoo didn't sum them up so nicely for me.  

I have all the sympathy in the world for the fans that missed out on the game.  I once paid 700 dollars to travel cross-country to see my team in the NFC Championship.  If I arrived at the gate that day and was told that my ticket wasn't valid, I would have been absolutely devastated.  But unfortunately, the NFL can't turn back time and give these people the Super Bowl experience they deserve.  As Wetzel says, it's a shame that the only ones left happy after this unfortunate incident will be the lawyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment